The Darlington Campus library is many things…
- It is vibrant and alive with many and varied activities, both in and out of school hours
- It is a place for learning and self-discovery, a place for enjoying literature, recreational reading and relaxation
- It is also a classroom, an information technology centre, and a centre for cooperative planning
- It is the base for the Chess Club
- For our community the Library, its resources and staff are very much a hub of learning
Library mission statement
The libraries at each campus aim to provide information services that support the teaching and learning of all members of the College community, promote an enjoyment of literature, and provide a stimulating physical environment where students are encouraged to become lifelong learners.
The staff in the library aim to:
- Provide a wide range of resources to support the IB Primary Years Programme Units of Inquiry from K-5
- Encourage a love of literature and reading for pleasure
- Develop users’ abilities to locate relevant information and use critically and effectively
- Create a welcoming library environment
Jacquie Davies, Teacher-Librarian
Leigh Thevissen, Library Officer
The library is OPEN and staffed with library specialists on Mondays and Tuesdays; however, classroom teachers use the library and its resources during the rest of the week.