The move from primary to secondary school is a major milestone for your child.
Recognising the importance of this transition, Helena College has expanded to offer a second Year 5 class at the Darlington Campus. Year 5 is the final year in our junior setting before students move to Year 6 at the Glen Forrest Campus (6-12).
Transition to secondary school is one of the most significant events in a child’s education. Each child has the greatest chance of success if they are ready for the move – academically, socially and emotionally.
The Year 5 programme is designed with this in mind with:
- Academic assessment and evaluation of students, if required
- Individual Learning and Enrichment Programmes for students of all abilities who require extra individual or group support
- Introduction to the inquiry based approach and the language of the International Baccalaureate in preparation for the Middle Years Programme (Years 6-10)
- Development of leadership skills through our House Captains and Ministers programme
- Development of organisational, self-management and study skills, to prepare for more challenging school and homework
- Opportunities to develop and consolidate friendships in a smaller setting before moving to the bigger Glen Forrest Campus
- Opportunities to become familiar with senior school setting and staff through a range of sporting and other learning experiences at the Glen Forrest Campus
Enrolling your child for Year 5 also guarantees entry to Year 6 at the Glen Forrest Campus. To find out more contact the registrar on 9298 9100 or by email.