The Policy aims to assist our community understand:
- who we collect information from
- the types of personal information collected and held by the College
- how this information is collected and stored
- the purposes for which your personal information is collected, held, used and disclosed
- how you can gain access to your personal information and seek its correction
- how you may complain or inquire about our collection, handling, use or disclosure of your personal information and how that complaint or inquiry will be handled
- whether we are likely to disclose your personal information to any overseas recipients
This is important and we hope you will take time to read the Policy and collection notices carefully.
Your privacy matters to us so whether you are an existing Helena College student, staff member, parent, member of Council, Old Helenian or a prospective member of our community please do take the time to get to know our practices – and if you have any questions please contact the College Privacy Officer.
If you wish to make a complaint about a breach by the College of the Australian Privacy Principles, you may do so by providing your written complaint by email, letter, facsimile or by personal delivery to any one of our contact details as noted below. You may also make a complaint verbally.
We will respond to your complaint within a reasonable time (usually no longer than 30 days) and we may seek further information from you in order to provide a full and complete response.
Your complaint may also be taken to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner www.oaic.gov.au.
You can contact us about this Policy or about your personal information by:
- Emailing the Privacy Officer
- Calling 08 9298 9100
- Writing to the Helena College Privacy Officer PO BOX 52 GLEN FORREST WA 6071