- About us
COVID-19 Information Hub
This information hub provides the Helena College community with the latest information about the College’s management and response to COVID-19 (Coronavirus).
The College continues to abide by coronavirus guidelines relevant to WA schools, by observing physical distancing and practising good hygiene.
Further protocols we are following include:
- Ensuring classrooms are ventilated.
- Regular cleaning of surfaces throughout the school day.
- Mandatory mask wearing for all adults across the College and for all students on our Glen Forrest Campus.
- All adults working at the College are required to be fully vaccinated.
- Hand sanitiser being available throughout the College.
- Requiring all visitors to the College to sign-in on arrival – and for parents not to enter classrooms.
- Running virtual meetings and assemblies.
- Running cashless canteens – with pre-ordering and payment online, and allowing daily purchases by SmartRider or EFTPOS cards only.
- Minimising the mingling of students from different age groups.
- Requesting staff, students and parents who are unwell to stay away from school and encouraging them to get tested if they show any COVID symptoms.
- For Term 1 2022, we have cancelled, postponed or modified campus events and camps.
Should a positive COVID case arise on either campus, we will follow directions of WA Health in regard to the management of potential close contacts. While our aim is to operate as normally as possible within the current government guidelines, our teachers are ready to move to remote learning should this become necessary.
Over the past two years we have provided professional development for our teachers to ensure they can adapt and are ready to continue to teach in a range of modes, whether that be face to face, fully online or a mixture of both.
All our staff and volunteers are required to adhere to this COVID-19 Mandatory Vaccination Policy and Procedure.
If you have any questions please contact the main office on 9298 9100, or email the College’s COVID-19 email.
Click on the name of the organisation to access helpful information sheets on supporting children and young people through the time of COVID-19.
headspace – how to cope with stress related to Coronavirus (COVID-19)
eSafetyCommissioner – tips for staying safe online during the COVID-19 pandemic
SchoolTV – special reports
Emerging Minds – supporting children during the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
Department of Education – Parent COVID-19 helpline
WA Government – Information and advice on the COVID-19 coronavirus for the community and businesses in Western Australia.
For further support services related to other trauma, extraordinary world and life events, or natural disasters, visit our Support and Wellbeing page.