- About us
- Campus tours
One of the benefits of our small school environment at Helena College is that we can monitor each individual child as they grow and develop, identifying their areas of strength and those of particular challenge.
Our Academic Support programmes cater for students of all abilities – supporting where there is weakness and extending where students are ready for extra growth. Our Academic Support team works with the students as individuals or in small groups, collaborating with teachers and parents to support the children’s needs.
Academic Support programmes consist of:
- Mathematics Support Programme
- Home Reading Programme (HRP)
- Reading Support Programme
- Extending Mathematical Understanding (EMU)
- Reading Recovery (RR)
- Individual Withdrawal Programmes (IWP)
- Fountas & Pinnell Leveled Literacy Intervention (LLI)
- Teacher professional development in literacy and numeracy that supports quality teacher practice in the classroom
- Collaborative team teaching supporting early childhood and junior primary classes
- Curriculum support including assessment in literacy and numeracy
- Community and parent communication of student progress and educational home support practices
- Whole school monitoring and tracking of student progress in literacy and numeracy
For information about Academic Support at the Darlington Campus, contact April Ledger, Academic Support Coordinator.