Join us for Year 5
Year 5 is the final year at our Junior School, Darlington Campus (K-5) before students move to our Glen Forrest Campus for Years 6-12. Across our two Year 5 classes, the focus is on supporting all students in preparing for their secondary school years. Children have the greatest chance of success in any transition if they are prepared academically, socially and emotionally.
The Year 5 programme provides:
- Academic assessment and evaluation of students
- Individual Learning and Enrichment Programmes for students of all abilities
- Development of skills in organisation, study habits and self-management to prepare for more challenging schoolwork in later years
- Introduction to the inquiry-led approach and language of the International Baccalaureate in preparation for the IB Middle Years Programme
- Development of leadership skills through our House Captain and Minister leadership programmes
- Opportunities to develop and consolidate friendships in a small setting
- Develop familiarity with the environment and staff at the Glen Forrest Campus through sporting and other experiences.
Enrolling your child for Year 5 also guarantees entry to Year 6 at the Senior School, Glen Forrest Campus. To find out more contact our enrolments coordinator on 9298 9100 or by email.