- About us
- Campus tours
Year 5 intake
The move from primary to secondary school is a major milestone for students. Our Year 5 programme is designed to support your child and your family in preparing for the opportunities and the challenges of the high school years.
At Helena College, Year 5 is the final year at our Darlington Campus (K-5) before students move to our Glen Forrest Campus for Years 6-12. The Darlington Campus is single stream from Kindy to Year 4 with a new intake of students for Year 5 to make up a second Year 5 class. Our next main intake is in Year 6 at the Glen Forrest Campus (Years 6-12).
We recognise that the transition to secondary school is one of the most significant events in a child’s life. Children have the greatest chance of success in negotiating the process if we prepare them academically, socially and emotionally.
The Year 5 programme provides:
- Academic assessment and evaluation of students if required
- Individual Learning and Enrichment Programmes for students of all abilities who require individual or group support
- Development of skills in organisation, study habits and self-management to prepare for more challenging schoolwork in later years
- Introduction to the inquiry-based approach and language of the International Baccalaureate in preparation for the IB Middle Years Programme at the Glen Forrest Campus (6-12)
- Development of leadership skills through our House Captains and Ministers leadership programmes
- Opportunities to develop and consolidate friendships in a small setting
- Develop familiarity with the environment and staff at the Glen Forrest Campus through sporting and other experiences.
Enrolling your child for Year 5 also guarantees entry to Year 6 at the Glen Forrest Campus. To find out more contact the registrar on 9298 9100 or by email.