Community Links & Partnerships
We work to ensure these school-community partnerships are sustainable and for the benefit of all participants. Among our valued partnerships are;
- Alternatives to Violence Project Participation by Year 4 students
- Darlington Arts Festival College stalls, performances and art exhibits/competition entries
- Friends of Darlington Station Year 10 Community Service programmes
- Gooseberry Hill Community Art group Year 11s exhibit their work each November
- Guest speakers Agencies, associations and charities at Values, Culture and Wellbeing assemblies
- HeartLines Literature Festival Student participation in workshops and author/illustrator sessions
- Kanyana Wildlife Centre Incursions at the Darlington Campus
- Life drawing classes Local artists teaching drawing skills
- Men of the Trees Student participation in community tree planting projects
- Mundaring Arts Centre Student participation in exhibitions; Arts Centre provision of facilitators for College projects.
- Boomerang Bags Year 10 Community Service students creating Boomerang Bags
- Regional shows Students exhibit artworks at local festivals and shows around the region
- Whiteman Park Year 7 students involved in mass plantings of native flora
- Work Experience programme Year 10 students undertake work experience with businesses across the region, including in the CBD
- Worklink programme Years 11-12 students undertake placements at a range of businesses across the metropolitan area
- Yallambee Village Aged Care Facility Year 10 Community Service students engage with residents in a variety of meaningful activities
- Duke of Edinburgh’s International Award Year 10s undertake the expedition and community service components towards the Bronze Award. They are encouraged to complete the additional requirements to achieve Bronze level and some students progress to the Silver Award.
- World Challenge Students can select to participate in a World Challenge expedition where they develop valuable life skills by planning their itinerary, volunteering in a developing community and trekking through challenging terrain.