Helena College is an independent, co-educational and non-denominational day school guided by the founding principles of peace, compassion and tolerance. The College was authorised as an International Baccalaureate World School in 2012.
Situated in the picturesque Hills district of Perth, Western Australia, at the crest of the Darling Range, the College provides an enjoyable learning environment. The Senior School campus is adjacent to the John Forrest National Park in Glen Forrest and the Junior School campus occupies a prominent position in Darlington commanding sweeping views of the coastal plain. The College is well placed for families in the thirteen communities of the Mundaring Shire, and with easy access from Kalamunda, Maida Vale, Midland and regions north.
The Junior School has a long history dating back over 100 years, whilst the secondary Senior School campus commenced in 1988. The Junior School (Years K-6) has an enrolment of 220 students. The Senior School has 510 students, spread across Middle School (Years 7-9) and Upper School (Years 10-12). Total current enrolment across the two schools is 730 students. As from 2016 the Junior School will be Years K-5 and the Senior School will be Years 6-12.
(On this spot – see image below – will be a purpose built Year 6 Junior Middle School facility ready to open in February 2016.)
To be a school where students are inspired to be the best they can be; where they are encouraged to develop confidence, ability and passion to achieve their goals; and to have the skills and commitment to leave a positive footprint on the world.
- To educate and inspire students to be the best they can be by providing a balanced focus on whole child development.
- To be a school where students, teachers and parents actively engage as partners in the educational process.
- To be a school with high expectations of learning and achievement by offering creative, engaging and challenging educational experiences in a nurturing environment.
- Integrity and responsibility
- Inclusivity and participation
- Caring and compassion
- Respect for self, others and our surroundings